One of the biggest hurdles that Jacksonville residents face when it comes to home construction projects is choosing the right partner for the job — especially when it comes to the roof over your head.
Identifying the right partner for your roofing project is an incredibly important task and one that can seem a little challenging at first. Your roofing contractor has a really big impact on your home and roofing project, and you want to make sure that you’re working with a reputable and qualified company.
The Ultimate Guide to Increasing the Lifespan of Your Roof and Choosing the Right Roofing Company
If you’re looking at local roofing companies to inspect, repair, or replace your roof, use these tips to make sure you find the best company for the job.
- Search for local roofing companies. When your search begins, ensure that the contractors you’re looking at have a local phone number and address. You want someone who’s familiar with the weather patterns and climate in your area. A roofer in Jacksonville will have much different expertise than a roofer based in the mountains of Colorado, and you want someone who’s local and who has established themselves in your community. A local roofer will also know the building codes, laws, and regulations, and will be available to help if you have problems down the road.
- Get referrals and check for reviews. If anyone you know has recently had work done on their roof, check with them first. They’ll give you honest feedback about their experience with the company if the pricing was fair, and how satisfied they are with their roofer’s work. You should also check the company’s website and social media pages. These will have actual client photos available for you to look at, and both places will typically post client reviews. Check out Jack C Wilson’s five star reviews here.
- Check for proper licensing, bonding, and insurance. Every roofing company is required to be licensed, bonded, and insured. This protects both parties should anything go wrong on the job, and a reputable company won’t hesitate to provide documentation for you. To be licensed means that the company is registered and certified to do construction work. If a company is bonded, you can rely on the bonding company to pay for the remainder of the work if the contractor goes out of business in the middle of the job. And finally, all reputable roofing contractors should be fully insured with liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and vehicle insurance.
- Check for manufacturer certifications. The top shingle manufacturers will certify a handful of roofing contractors in each area. The certification process allows establishes that contractor is one of the area experts in a specific shingle product, enables them to offer enhanced warranties of their products, and shows that the manufacturer trusts and stands by the work of that roofing company.
- Obtain a contract. Before committing to working with a roofer, make sure that they provide you with all the details of the job in a written contract. You’ll want the contract to include the scope of work, the time frame of the project, the cost and budget, roofing materials used, and a list of all of their subcontractors and workers. A reputable company will have no problem putting all the details in writing for you.
If your roof needs some work and you’re asking yourself, “Where is the best roofing company near me?” Jack C. Wilson Roofing Co. has you covered. We’ve been roofing the Jacksonville area since 1946 and would love to work with you on your next project. Ready to get started on your roofing project? Contact us today.